Join us to build the Africa We Want!!
Join us to build the Africa We Want!!Login to Send Message
Reports to: Head of Energy Division
Directorate/Department/Organ: Infrastructure and Energy
Number of Direct Reports: 0
Number of Indirect Reports: 0
Job Grade: P3
Number of Positions: 1
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
To support the Division in the management and implementation of Renewable Energy Projects, including the Geothermal Risk Mitigation Facility (GRMF), African Single Electricity Market (AfSEM), Clean Cooking, and other energy projects.
• Provide technical and intellectual support in the management and implementation of the Geothermal Risk Mitigation Facility (GRMF), African Single Electricity Market (AfSEM), Clean Cooking, and other renewable energy projects;
• Liaises with Member States, Regional Economic Communities (RECs), Partners, and other stakeholders on relevant matters in regard to renewable energy projects;
• Prepares and develops reports, budgets, and work programmes related to the functioning of GRMF, Clean Cooking, AfSEM and other renewable energy projects;
• Provides support to develop resource mobilization strategy with stakeholder’s coordination;
• Manages and supervises employees under supervision with regard to organization and performance evaluation;
• Conducts complex analysis and generates accurate reports in a timely manner for the Division and AU’s internal use;
• Supports the promotion of the activities of the energy division activities including preparing leaflets, guidelines, and fact sheets as may be required;
• Contributes actively to the development of strategies, policies, programmes, and plans of GRMF, Clean Cooking, AfSEM, and others.
• Provide technical input for the continuous improvement of the GRMF, Clean Cooking, AfSEM design and performance;
• Provide technical input for strategic planning, design, development and implementation of GRMF, AfSEM, and other energy division projects;
• Support the RECs and Member States in designing and implementing policy measures to stimulate private sector participation in renewable energy projects development, including geothermal projects;
• Provide support to coordinate and collaborate with key partners and international initiatives in renewable energy and power markets;
• Prepare various project concepts and proposals for submission to development partners and strategic partners for technical and financial support;
• Conduct monitoring, and evaluation of renewable energy projects and programmes in the continent;
• Prepares and coordinates studies and research in the areas of renewable energy and power trade;
• Organizes and service workshops, seminars, and meetings on energy matters;
• Conducts the work of the Specialized Technical Committee(s) and Sub-Committees on energy issues;
• Coordinate strategic partnerships to support resource mobilization and efficient implementation of renewable energy programmes;
• Facilitate rapid dissemination and exchange of information among RECs, Member States, development partners, and specialized institutions in the energy sector;
• Organize regional training and experience-sharing events in collaboration with capacity-building partners, RECs, Member States, specialized institutions, and academia;
• Prepare proposals of programmes and projects for capacity building in the field of renewable energy (including geothermal and clean cooking) and power trade to support RECs and Member States;
• Represent the AU in regional and international renewable energy (including geothermal) and power trade conferences, workshops, meetings and seminars.
• Performs any other duty as may be assigned by the Head of Division;
• A Master’s Degree in Energy/Electrical/Mechanical/Chemical Engineering, Energy Economics, Energy Management, Energy law or in related fields with seven (7) years of working experience three (3) at the supervisory level.
• A Bachelor’s degree in Energy/Electrical/Mechanical/Chemical Engineering, Energy Economics, Energy Management, Energy law, or in related fields with ten (10) years of working experience with three (3) years at the supervisory level.
• Ability to initiate and promote collaborative approaches between geographically and culturally disparate partners;
• Ability to establish and maintain effective partnerships and working relations both internally and externally;
• Ability to develop and delegate clear program goals, plans and actions, including budgets, that are consistent with agreed strategies;
• Proficiency in one of the AU official working languages (French, English, Portuguese, and Arabic) and fluency in another AU language(s) is an added advantage.
TENURE OF APPOINTMENT:
The Appointment will be made on a fixed term contract for a period of one (1) year, of which the first three (3) months will be considered as a probationary period. Thereafter, the contract may be renewed for a similar period subject to funding availability, satisfactory performance and agreed deliverables.
The AU Commission is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Proficiency in one of the AU working languages (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese, and Spanish) and fluency in another AU language is an added advantage
The salary attached to the position is an annual lump-sum of US$ 96,921.34 (P3 Step 5) inclusive of all allowances for internationally recruited staff, and US$ 78,461.08 inclusive of all allowances for locally recruited staff of the African Union Commission.
Applications must be made not later than 11:59 Pm (EAT) June, 16, 2023.
Only candidates who have met all the requirements of the post and have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
Only applications registered online with a complete curriculum vitae (CV) attached will be considered.
The Africa Union is an equal opportunity employer and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Job Description Vacancy Announcement #095/2023 Communication Specialist Skills Development Cluster / Social Transformation Cluster Contract duration: 30.04.2026 Application deadline: 17.05.2023 Duty...Apply For This Job
Job Description Ethiopian Skylight Hotel is Ethiopian Airlines Groups’ ultra-luxurious Five-Star hotel. has also launched an ultra-luxurious hotel within the Addis...Apply For This Job
Job Description VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT (VN) Open to Internal & External Candidates Vacancy No. IOM-VN/0057/23 Position Title Operation Assistant (Document Verification)...Apply For This Job
Connecting People. Improving Lives. Currently, we are looking for Field Sales Specialist, who wins retains and develops Business Customers (BC). Targets new...Apply For This Job
Job Description Amref Health Africa was founded in 1957 and has since grown to become the largest African-based international health...Apply For This Job
Job Overview: Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager, the Supply chain Assistant-Transport is responsible for ensuring the overall supply chain...Apply For This Job