Join us to build the Africa We Want!!
Join us to build the Africa We Want!!Login to Send Message
• Respect for Diversity and Team Work • Think Africa Above all
• Transparency and Accountability • Integrity and Impartiality
• Efficiency and Professionalism • Information and Knowledge Sharing
Reports to: Director of Economic Development, Integration and Trade
Directorate/Department/Organ: Economic Development, Trade, Industry and Minerals (ETIM)
Division: Economic Policy & Sustainable Development
Number of Direct Reports: 2
Number of Indirect Reports: 6
Job Grade: P5
Number of Positions: 1
Contract Type: Regular
Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
To provide technical leadership for the effective and efficient management of the Economic policy and sustainable development division.
• Supervises and manages staff of the Division to ensure their effectiveness and efficiency;
• Designs strategies and policies in order to address the pertinent issues in the relevant area;
• Contributes to the development of business continuity plans and ensures implementation at division
• Ensures risk management and mitigation;
• Leads the expansion and development of activities and the strategic plan of the Division.
• Ensures the division makes inputs into policy formulation in line with economic policy and sustainable development.
• Engages stakeholders within Members States and Regional Economic Communities (RECs) in designing and implementing strategies;
• Represents the organisation and explain its position at conferences.
• Ensures the preparation of the annual action plan and its corresponding resources for the division.
• Mobilises funds from donors towards the implementation of strategies and activities of the Division;
• Prepares periodic financial and budget execution reports and monitors budget execution at division level.
• Leads the formulation and monitoring of economic policies and macroeconomic prospects in the context of the global environment and fragilities within the continent;
• Leads the development of policies and programmes to promote macroeconomic stability, monetary and fiscal harmonization and cooperation among member states;
• Coordinates the establishment of the AU financial institutions (African Central Bank, African Investment Bank, African Monetary Fund and Pan African Stock Exchange) and promote innovative finance, Fintech and microfinance to accelerate financial inclusion;
• Leads the promotion and the coordination of activities on domestic resources mobilization and fight against illicit Financial Flows (IFFs) including monitoring the implementation of the recommendations of High Level Panel Report on IFFs and Africa initiative on Tax Transparency and Exchange of Information for tax purposes and leads the production of revenue statistics report on Africa;
• Conducts policy research and debt sustainability analysis in order to improve macroeconomic surveillance and understanding of sovereign debt risk profile and the policy tools that Member States can deploy to contain debt distress; and research to improve capacities of Member States in analysing and managing policies to promote sustainable structural economic transformation and poverty reduction;
• Leads the production and dissemination of the AU flagship publications and other knowledge products on Africa emerging macroeconomic and development issues including Africa’s Development Dynamics and the organization of Congress of African Economists, Fridays of the Commission; among others.;
• Liaises with the Integration Division to organise meetings for Specialized Technical Committee on Finance, Monetary Affairs, Economic Planning and Integration as well as activities of the F-15 Ministers in close collaboration with the Director of Finance;
• Evaluates international economic conferences, such as the G20, the G8, F-15; and other economic forums;
• Collaborates with partner institutions; research think tanks and universities, both within and outside Africa, in order to deepen analytical capacity and broaden the scope and outreach of the AU research work;
• Oversees the progress of implementation of activities of the division and provide programmatic/substantive reviews of the drafts prepared by staff;
• Performs any other related assignment as may be assigned by the Director.
A Master’s Degree in Economics, International Business or Public Administration, Statistics, Finance, Development Macroeconomics or any relevant field with a minimum of twelve (12) years of relevant work experience of which seven (7) must be at managerial level.
• Ability to initiate and promote collaborative approaches between geographically and culturally dispersed partners
• Ability to establish and maintain effective partnerships and working relations both internally and externally
• Ability to develop and delegate clear program goals, plans and actions, including budgets, that are consistent with agreed strategies
• Ability to effectively lead, supervise, mentor, develop and evaluate staff
• Proficiency in one of the AU working languages (French, English, Portuguese Arabic), fluency in another AU language is an added advantage
TENURE OF APPOINTMENT:
The appointment will be made on a regular term contract for a period of three (3) years, of which the first twelve months shall be considered as a probationary period. Thereafter, the contract will be for a period of two years renewable, subject to satisfactory performance and deliverables.
The AU Commission is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Proficiency in one of the AU working languages (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese, and Spanish) and fluency in another AU language is an added advantage
Indicative basic salary of US$ 50,746.00 (P5 Step1) per annum plus other related entitlements e.g. Post adjustment ( 46% of basic salary), Housing allowance US$ 26,208.00 (per annum), and education allowance (100% of tuition and other education-related expenses for every eligible dependent up to a maximum of US$ 10,000.00 per child per annum), for internationally recruited staff and a maximum of $3,300 per child per annum for locally recruited staff.
Applications must be made not later than 11:59pm (EAT) June 16, 2023.
Only candidates who have met all the requirements of the post and have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
Only applications registered online with a complete curriculum vitae (CV) attached will be considered.
The Africa Union is an equal opportunity employer and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Via : https://jobs.au.int/The%20African%20Union%20Commiss/job/Addis-Ababa-Head%2C-Economic-Policy-&-Sustainable-Development/771257202/
Job Summary The IFRC supported projects’ Coordinator is responsible for managing the IFRC supported projects at the national society. The project coordinator...Apply For This Job
Job Description Vacancy Announcement #095/2023 Communication Specialist Skills Development Cluster / Social Transformation Cluster Contract duration: 30.04.2026 Application deadline: 17.05.2023 Duty...Apply For This Job
Job Overview: Under the direct supervision of the Environmental Health Officer, the EHA Position is a site level position Based...Apply For This Job
Job Objective: To ensure the effectiveness of the branch sales and marketing activities, mobilization of resources, expansion of branch accessibility...Apply For This Job
Job Description East Africa Bottling S.C Legal IT Officer position and is looking for passionate, capable and competent candidate, who...Apply For This Job
Job Description Qualification & Experience: BA Degree in Accounting, Management, Economics or related discipline plus minimum of 4 years of...Apply For This Job