Feed the Future Ethiopia Transforming Agriculture Activity
Position Summary: Contingent up on donor funding.
Position Title: Warehouse Officer
Reporting to: Admin Manager
Position Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
The purpose of the USAID/Ethiopia Transforming Agriculture activity is to increase access to healthy diets, particularly for women and children, by improving competitiveness, inclusiveness, and resilience of the Ethiopian food and agriculture system. The project will also increase incomes gained from agriculture by as much as 40 percent over the next five years. To achieve its goals the project must collaborate intensively with other USAID funded projects working in the food and agriculture sector.
The Warehouse Officer is responsible for the management of warehouses at Addis Ababa office. The incumbent participates in and oversee the receipt, storage, requisitioning and disbursement of supplies, equipment’s and materials to the fields. The Warehouse will work under supervision of the Senior Logistics Specialist..
Your primary responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Receives and inspects all incoming materials and reconciles with purchase orders; processes and distributes documentation with purchase orders; reports, documents and tracks damages and discrepancies on orders received.
- Make sure all the store books are well kept in a secure way (Ledger book, release, waybill books and Delivery Books).
- Identify and report immediately any irregular condition in the warehouse to the supervisor.
- Participate fully in loading and offloading the goods from and to vehicles and Warehouse.
- Participate fully in the exercise of stock taking when due.
- Ensure that the warehouse is well maintained, clean both inside and out and that goods are well arranged and safely stored, for easy access and use.
- Issue goods following proper stores regulations – first in, first out, and goods with near expiry date to be issued next.
- Maintain proper and updated records of items kept in store. That is bin cards, ledgers and other documents are properly filled (waybills, requests etc.).
- Check and make sure that items received meet required standards; packaging, Expiry date and part/serial/model numbers, etc
- Keep the management well informed about the minimum stock balances in relation to consumption rate. Advise relevant sections to re-order stock.
- Maintains the warehouse, records area, and stores area in a neat and orderly manner
- Ensure that unauthorized persons are not allowed in the warehouse.
- Ensure security of the store is well maintained and report the presence of rodents, termites, harmful insects, Leaking roof, Defective fire extinguishers etc.
- Conduct regular physical stock counts and produce a monthly stock inventory.
- Perform other duties assigned by his/her supervisor or his/her delegate.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Master’s degree in Management, finance, accounting, Business Administration or related field and 3 years of experience, or a Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of experience, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least three (3) years of experience working for a USAID project is desirable.
- Excellent financial and analytical skills.
- Proven ability to work under pressure, and with multiple concurrent demands.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Verbal and written fluency in English required.
- Ability to travel and work throughout Ethiopia in difficult terrain/conditions at times.
- Knowledge of established material handling procedures
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions applicable to the work
- Knowledge of inventory control procedures
- Ability to shelve, store and distribute materials
- Ability to operate and enter information in a computerized inventory system
- Ability to perform simple arithmetic calculations
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team-oriented setting;