· Monitor all protection-related matters (i.e., identify services and gaps) in the site of intervention and follow-up by referring identified cases to the relevant partner and advocate for relevant distribution/services provision to fill identified gaps.
· Ensure the mainstreaming of protection standards across all intervening partners’ programming.
· Develop new tools/processes to enhance service mapping/monitoring in the site of intervention and better channel up to higher coordination bodies protection concerns.
· Establish/support effective referral pathways.
· Report on protection activities to the Project Manager
· Perform any other duties and responsibilities as directed by the Project Manager.
· Identification and monitoring of protection risks and concerns in the IDP sites
a. Monitor protection issues and provide feedback to partners based on findings.
b. Participate in regular spot checks in the targeted sites.
c. Conduct regular safety audits – in coordination with protection actors if any are present in the camps.
d. Hold focus group discussions with site residents especially vulnerable groups to identify and analyze protection needs and gaps that exist within the targeted sites and settlements.
e. Participate in the analysis of protection risks and spheres of action where protection activities can be set in to meet the identified risks.
f. Ensure monitoring of protection mainstreaming in the services delivered (e.g., distributions).
· Identification and support to vulnerable site residents
a. Ensure that individuals with special needs are identified during registration and through door-to-door visits.
b. Ensure that vulnerable households and individuals receive information on services available and refer to other organizations if needs are identified.
c. Ensure that committees set up are inclusive and to the needs of the most vulnerable site residents.
d. Assess accessibility challenges to access services for vulnerable groups/individuals through spot check, assessment, focus group discussion, and analysis of complaints.
· Support to Governance and capacity building
a. Support for the establishment of site-level governance structure and ensure the representation in these governance structures of vulnerable / minority communities (i.e., women, youth…).
b. Participate in the development of the site-level governance structures’ code of conduct and TORs.
c. Monitor the effective participation of diverse camp population groups in camp activities including employment opportunities, community social events, and led initiatives.
d. Participate in the development and/or review of training materials on protection in liaison with other relevant stakeholders.
e. Facilitate training for stakeholders and site-level governance structures on protection-related topics.
· Service mapping and protection referral pathways
a. Ensure effective protection referral pathways with mapped service providers active at the site of intervention.
b. Ensure that referral pathways are communicated and explained to all intervening partners (i.e., humanitarian actors / local authorities) but also to site-level governance structure and more generally site population.
c. In cooperation with the Complaints and Feedbacks Mechanism Officer, manage a database of protection incidents reported to and by the CM Teams. Ensure the protection of all data in the database.
d. Inform about protection service gaps during coordination meetings.
· External coordination
a. Liaise with partners, service providers, and camp committees on protection issues.
b. Attend all camp coordination meetings.
c. Attend external meetings as requested.
a. Ensure timely weekly reports to the Project Manager on protection activities implemented and/or monitored.
b. Prepare, analyze, and record all FGD reports.
c. Prepare ad hoc reports upon request.
· Graduated with a university degree (i.e., at least Bachelor level) with a major in social science, law, education, or psychology.
· At least five years’ experience working in an international/local NGO or for an international institution (e.g., agencies).
· At least three years of experience working in the field of protection with an international/local NGO or for an international Institution (e.g., agencies) in a camp.
· At least one-year managerial experience, including leading/supervising staff, report writing, and/or meeting facilitation.
· Proficient skills with the Microsoft Office Suite (i.e., particularly in PowerPoint and Word).
· Very good level of English and Somali (i.e., spoken and written).
· Does not reside in the camp.
· Strong attention to detail.
· Master graduate with a major in social science, law, education, or psychology.;
Qualified national persons with the required skills are invited to submit their applications accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae and cover letter as a single document i.e. with the cover letter being on the first page and the CV starting on the second page, detailing three work related referees and contacts to firstname.lastname@example.org and received on or before 5.00PM on June 01, 2023 with the subject line “Protection Officer, Somali Region, Ethiopia”
Please do not attach any other documents while sending your applications, if required they will be requested at a later stage.
Please note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ACTED will at no stage of recruitment process request candidate to make payments of any kind. Further, ACTED has not retained any agent in connection with recruitments.
Role Title: Service Point Advisor Overall Purpose: Provide quality and professional service to walk in customers in a manner that will...Apply For This Job
Job Summary The Digital Health Solutions Advisor will be responsible for leading and integrating digital health technical strategy and interventions...Apply For This Job
Organization Information Reports to: Head of Energy Division Directorate/Department/Organ: Infrastructure and Energy Number of Direct Reports: 0 Number of Indirect Reports:...Apply For This Job
About the job UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To...Apply For This Job
Job Description Amref Health Africa was founded in 1957 and has since grown to become the largest African-based international health...Apply For This Job
Job Description: SELECTION COMMITTEE The Selection Committee, appointed by the Head of the Embassy – Ambassador of Brazil in Addis...Apply For This Job