African Union Ethiopia Jobs 2021: African Union (የአፍሪካ ህብረት) invites qualified and experienced applicants for the various positions. AU Ethiopia is invites job seekers for appointment. It’s a great opportunity to work under them.
The African Union (AU) offers you the opportunity to pursue a career in a rewarding and challenging work environment with great learning and development possibilities. In addition to the prospect of building a career within your field of expertise, working with the AU can offer a fulfilling environment that gives you satisfaction by providing the platform to contributing to the grand Agenda 2063.
The interested applicants can apply online through the official career page of AU (African Union) before the closing date of application. For more information please read the full article.
Join Our Telegram if You not Joined it Already
Stay in Touch & Follow us on our Social Media Platforms to Get Latest Updates for Latest Opportunities. Facebook Page
The interested applicants can apply before the closing date of application. For more information please read the full article.
Recently the has published an employment notification in Addis Zemen regarding the currently vacant post on various posts. Therefore, interested Ethiopia Govt job seekers must apply before the closing date.
The African Union (AU) wants to recruit employees in the following vacant positions the details of which are mentioned below.
• Provide technical and intellectual support and guidance in the management of various elements related to the area of expertise
• Identify best practices and monitor effectiveness of the Office’s support to AU.
• Assist in the development of the strategies and business continuity plan and participate in/ensure their implementation
• Take charge of development of guidelines, policies and manuals that can guide programmes, system improvement initiatives and overall decision making by higher management in the respective area of expertise.
• Foster and ensure implementation of initiatives related to area of specialization;
• Assist in the organization of thematic networks, make high level technical contribution during consultations and meetings
• Develop materials and provide necessary training and support to Organization Units as required.
Provide technical guidance on matters relating to system review and implementation project in area of specialization, as required.
The Principal Programme Officer, Africa CDC shall:
a) From an overall perspective, advises the Director, and other senior staff members on all activities that affect agency wide policy, programmes, projects and initiatives.
b) Maintains a knowledge and awareness of the Director’s objectives and exercises analytical judgment in order to anticipate potential problems and sensitive issues that may arise.
c) Fosters an intra-agency need to prepare carefully researched materials for the Directors decisions. Assures that all recommendations presented are comprehensive, accurate and fully discussed.
d) Interprets the Director’s objectives and informs all key officials of proposed actions to insure their input into the deliberative process that may affect their areas of responsibility.
e) Coordinates or directly develops, prepares and presents memoranda, briefings, staff papers and other materials concerning substantive questions, issues, findings, conclusions and proposed solutions or suggested courses of action.
f) Coordinates or directly prepares talking points and briefings materials for meetings of the Director including synthesizing all or parts of materials prepared by other agency officials and other AU components.
g) Coordinates the preparation of briefing materials and other documentation in support of the Director’s responsibilities to the Governing and Technical Advisory Boards as appropriate.
h) Oversees and coordinates the daily activities of the Director – determines the Director’s schedule based on current agency events and priorities; evaluates and determines the priority of internal/external meeting requests with the Director and necessary staff attendance and seeks opportunities for the Director to advocate for the Agency mission and programmes.
i) Assists the Director with coordination and integration of functions and activities in the Office of the Director (OD) and meets regularly with OD staff to ensure attention and timely response to high priority issues.
j) Organizes all information that flows to and from the Director to ensure efficiency and effectiveness in decision-making and delegates action items sent to the Director for handling by other OD staff.
k) Acts as a final point of clearance for all materials going to and from the Director as appropriate.
l) Resolves issues crossing organizational lines, coordinate decision-making and planning processes to ensure that Africa CDC focuses on its highest priority initiatives.
m) Treats sensitive information with the utmost discretion and confidentiality. This information includes, but is not limited to: personnel information and detailed financial information
n) Represents the Director on relevant committees and working groups within the African Union and externally as appropriate.
o) Performs other duties as required or assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health, Business Administration, Public Administration or related field and twelve (12) years relevant experience in Public Health, Programme and/or Project management in either public or private sector contexts, or related discipline, out of which six (6) and three (3) years should be at expert and supervisory levels respectively..
• A minimum of ten (10) years of continuous and combined experience in implementing/coordinating public health programmes and/or other public or private sector programmes within a governmental agency, academic institution, research organization or a private company. This experience may include coordination of management, operations and policy affairs, strategic planning and other executive level support.
• A minimum of five (5) years practical experience in coordination and/or primary support of executive management services portfolios, advisory and management boards, high-level initiatives, or related projects or programmes is preferred.
• Clear understanding of African health systems and fair knowledge of operations of the Ministry of health in Member States
• Proven history of strong leadership and effective health diplomacy in public sector and technical domains.
• Experience in the preparation of strategic plans, policy and operational guidance, and technical proposals for advancing initiatives and programmes in either public or private sector domains.
• Demonstrable experience in drafting documentation for executive level consumption.
• In-depth knowledge of public health issues in Africa and previous experience working in Africa.
• Demonstrable experience in supervising and leading teams and individuals, and delegating tasks and authority.
• Deep understanding of the African Union way of working and managing associated relationships with Member State entities and partners.
B. Personal Abilities
ENURE OF APPOINTMENT:
Applications must be made not later than 22 November 2021.
EXPLORE MORE JOBS
The interested and qualified applicants can submit their resume or CV’s online through the official career page of The African Union (AU) at https://career2.successfactors.eu/careers before closing date of application. For more information please check above the notification.
Ethiopian Human Rights Commission (EHRC) invites qualified and experienced applicants for the various positions. EHRC is invites job seekers for...Apply For This Job
Ethiopian Ministry of Revenues (የኢትዮጵያ የገቢዎች ሚኒስቴር) invites qualified and experienced applicants for the various positions. MOR is invites job...Apply For This Job
Oromia Bureau of Agriculture and Natural Resource Vacancy invites qualified and experienced applicants for the various positions. OBANR is invites...Apply For This Job