We recruit talent to build a more prosperous, fair and inclusive world. Join A Life-Changing Mission with UNDP.
The Finance Officer is expected to closely work with the team working on the Support to National Dialogue Project within UNDP as well as with relevant team members at the ENDC. He/she is expected to ensure the provision of high-quality support for the overall financial management activities.
Provide NEX Advance/ Grant Management Support:
Project Planning & Budgeting
Provide Financial Management Support:
• Prepare accurate and timely financial reports based in compliance with donor requirements and UNDP organizational standards.
• Analyze financial data to identify trends, areas of improvement, and potential challenges.
• Provide the project team with regular financial updates and insights to inform decision-making.
• Perform regular monitoring of the project budget/delivery and review for correctness and alert Finance for any deficiency, wrong entry, insufficient fund etc., before quarterly financial closures by UNDP HQ;
• Regularly monitor and track disbursements/advances to Implementing Partner on a monthly basis.
• Review NEX advance requests/Direct Payment/Reimbursements sent from the RP for compliance with the standard template, accuracy of amounts/exchange rates etc. in collaboration with the M&E Officer and the Project Manager and provide technical advice to the IP.
• Jointly with PDRM Unit, undertake regular spot checks as per HACT guidelines to ensure that all expenditure/payments by Implementing Partners is adequately documented and adheres to established guidelines.
• Generate Quarterly and Annual financial reports for the UNDP CO review and assist in their analysis.
• In liaison with the Project Manager, UNDP Operations Managers and PDRM Unit, assist in coordinating in provision of information and documents for project’s audits/ verifications as and when appropriate.
• Provide regular budget/resource/Delivery updates to the Unit when requested.
• Ensure adequate supporting documents for all payments as per the POPPs and maintain an organized, well documented, and sequential filing system for finance records and documents.
• Produce a monthly summary spreadsheet per Implementing Partner on the financial status of the project for review by the CO.
• Ensure that LOA for Support to NEX is prepared/Updated and sent to Min. of Finance and uploaded in the HACT share drive.
General Administrative Support
• Handel and follow-up procurement of services and goods in consultation with the project team, procurement, and operations team, and the DGPU Team Leader.
• Critically follow up on the proper Transfer of Title, inventory and Registration of Capital Assets procured for the IP using the UNDP’s POPPs guidelines.
• Ensure that Implementing Partner adheres to the UNDP’s standards of procurement when Support to NEX is preferred.
• Facilitate in the Travel inland and outside of Ethiopia for the IP and Team Leader as deemed necessary.
• Facilitate in the logistics for workshop/meetings/Seminar etc. as and when required.
Ensure Integrated Programme Implementation & Capacity Building:
• Contributing to project work planning and reporting exercises, participating in the process to collect inputs from various teams (programme, operations, country offices) and consolidate them into a holistic plan.
• Identifying synergies and collaborative areas of work between the programme and operations teams, to maximize the project’s overall impact working together with the Project Manager.
• Collects and provides necessary data, statistics, and information to support integrated work planning and reporting.
• Guide/share knowledge and information with Implementing Partners on acceptable accounting principles and procedures.
• Carry out other responsibilities as assigned by the Supervisor.
The Finance Officer will be directly accountable to UNDP Team Leader-Democratic Governance and Peacebuilding Unit.
Cross-Functional & Technical competencies
Business Management – Project Management: Ability to plan, organize, priority and control resources, procedures and protocols to achieve specific goals.
Business Management – Communication: Ability to communicate in a clear, concise and unambiguous manner both through written and verbal communication; to tailor messages and choose communication methods depending on the audience. Ability to manage communications internally and externally, through media, social media and other appropriate channels
Business Management – Resource Management: Ability to allocate and use resources in a strategic or tactical way in line with principles of accountability and integrity
Administration & Operations – Finance, Budget management: Ability to support budgetary aspects of work planning process, drawing and management of team budgets
Administration & Operations – Documents and records management: overall document (hard or electronic) management; registry and retention policy including storing and archiving.
Administration and Operations – Finance, Financial reporting, and analysis: understands changes in regulatory, legal and ethical frameworks and standards for financial reporting in the public sector. Ability to extract, evaluate financial data, derive relevant findings and present them in a meaningful and coherent manner to facilitate effective decision making and performance monitoring. Understands the benefits of integrated reporting, including non-financial resources such as human, social and intellectual capital, and environmental and governance performance.
Audit & Investigation – Financial and Managerial Accounting and Finance key concepts: key concepts and principles of financial accounting, interpret financial analysis, managerial accounting, etc.
MAIN JOB PURPOSE: The job holder is accountable for assisting and supporting the credit controller on the entire credit granting...Apply For This Job
JOB REQUIREMENT Education: BSc in Management Information System, Business Information System, Management Information Technology, Information Management or related field Experience:No...Apply For This Job
Job Description Core Competency [Perseverance, Continuous Learning, Teamwork, Integrity and Trust, Customer Focus], Individual Competency [Action oriented, Interpersonal skill and...Apply For This Job
Job Description Job title: Surveillance Officer Employment type: Full-time Salary: $ 2,359.17 Application Deadline: Sep 27, 2023 Objectives of the Program: The mission of...Apply For This Job
Job Description Facilitate the planning and implementation of all School feeding activities of refugees by closely working with program team,...Apply For This Job