· In coordination with field teams, schedule the collection of weekly attendance sheets and both for staff and daily worker
· Cross check all Admin and Finance documentation and ensure that all documents are in line with ACTED compliance procedures
· Prepare payment sheets and pre-count each beneficiaries payment to be made after coordination with Project team;
· Schedule, set up, and execute beneficiary payments with close coordination with project team and logistics and security department
· Ensure that the cash safe has enough cash and denominations for each payment in conjunction with the finance department at capital office;
· Prepare payment vouchers and keeping the cash book up to date;
· Ensure all Cash IN/Cash out are fully supported with required FLAT documents and justification;
· Check that no supportive documentation or signature are missing before releasing any payment
· Fill in Vouchers on a regular basis and ensure registration of vouchers in the cashbook
· Proceed with payments for all items and services approved by the Area coordinator
· Check the Safe & Cashbook at the end of each day and ensure that the balance matches with the Cash Books
· Deal with Money Exchange, change money for the cashbooks whenever needed and register it
· At the end of each month, check that the balance in the safe and the bank accounts are in line with the cash and bank books, release the cash checking statement and bank reconciliation with the area coordinator
· Check vouchers quality on a regular basis
· Check Cashbook & SAGA before closing the accountancy for the month
· Ensure all advances are cleared for the staff, before paying the salary
· Prepare Cash Request on monthly basis and share with capital office; track with capital office and bank the transfer of cash to ACTED field office bank account;
The employee works under the direct supervision of the Finance Officer
· Degree/Higher Diploma preferably in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field and two years’ experience in working with International NGOs in the similar level.
· Deep and clear understanding of humanitarian principles and activities
· Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish effective and working relationships
· Excellent communication skills, personable and articulate
· Fluent in written and spoken Amharic and English.
· Keen to detail and accuracy required and willing to learn
· Excellent skills in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel.
· Proven ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and work with limited supervision, pro-active and a good team-player.
Qualified national persons with the required skills are invited to submit their applications accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae and cover letter as a single document i.e. with the cover letter being on the first page and the CV starting on the second page, detailing three work related referees and contacts to email@example.com and received on or before 5.00PM on June 01, 2023 with the subject line “Finance Assistant– Addis Ababa”
Do not attach any other documents while sending your applications, if required they will be requested at a later stage.
Please note that ACTED reserves the right to shortlist on ongoing basis. Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ACTED will at no stage of recruitment process request candidate to make payments of any kind. Further, ACTED has not retained any agent in connection with recruitments.
ACTED is committed to protecting beneficiaries within our programmes from exploitation and abuse and any kind of misconduct. ACTED has specific policies, including PSEA and Child Protection, which outlines the expected behaviour and the responsibility of all staff, beneficiaries, consultants and other stakeholders and has zero tolerance towards misconducts. Any candidate offered a job with ACTED will be expected to sign ACTED’s organizational Policies and Code of Conduct as an annex to their contract of employment and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these documents.
ACTED is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Overview/Summary: The Position mainly involves undertaking rapid Hygiene Promotion Officer (HPO) need assessments and implementing emergency WASH response. The HPO...Apply For This Job
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE Reporting to the Head of Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (PMEL) Department, the Senior M&E Expert will be...Apply For This Job
Job Description Branch Relationship Officer (Hawassa) DB/ Vacancy- 0120/23 Job Summary The Branch Relationship Officer will be responsible for achieving...Apply For This Job
Organization Information Reports to: Head, Medical Support Services Directorate/Department/Organ: Medical and Health Services Division: Medical Support Services Number of Direct Reports:...Apply For This Job
Key performance Areas Coordinates the recording, analysis and financial statement preparation activities of core cost and projects in accordance with...Apply For This Job
Job Description About us Oxfam is a global community who believe poverty isn’t inevitable. It’s an injustice that can be...Apply For This Job